Genre: Adult Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Science Fiction, Fantasy
Publication Date: February 1, 2019
Update March 13, 2019:
I’ve since received two other DMCA notices, one from Sabrina Jeffries and another from Cassandra Dean. Forgive me if I don’t post snippets anymore of the notices, as it’s time I don’t want to waste. You can hit me up for them if you want. Post in comment below.
1. I don’t see what I did wrong. I merely used the book cover of these authors as a graphic for the review of their books, introducing their new book or in commenting about covers. NOWHERE DID I SAY that I am the owner or cover artist or that I own the book cover. *color me baffled* So where did I go wrong that I would be served a DMCA notice?
2. Don’t these authors appreciate free publicity?
3. Well, since they don’t, I’m going to remove all previous posts I’ve made on them and their books.
4. I’m certainly not going to waste time on them anymore. DMCA notices, even receiving it for the 4th time, don’t get any easier.
5. It also means I’m not going to post anything more on these authors, nor even read or review their books. With the thousands of books being published each month, I daresay I’ve got a lot of choices of reading material.
6. So authors I’m boycotting (and counting):
a. Elise K Ackers
b. Sabrina Jeffries
c. Cassandra Dean
Thank you, Tara, for coming to visit us at ROMANCING THE BOOKS AND MORE! Now, let’s get on with it, as I’m sure readers are itching to know about you and your latest book, Year of the Demon.
Q: Where did you get the inspiration for Unhallowed Love? How are the books connected?
A Good Year grew out of a short horror story I dreamed called Invisible Stings merged that with another dream-story titled Revenge about a film executive getting supernatural revenge on her enemies. My mother wanted a new story about Shaker, the key demon mentioned in the final books of my paranormal Promise Me series, so I made him the demon of the tale. After reading, she wanted to know “what happens next?” so I decided to expand the story, using a chapter for each month. So a short story became a book which then became the Unhallowed Love Series, with book three Year of the Incubus already in progress. The books feature the same characters, centering on the key couple of demon Shaker and his human Mistress, Debbie.
Q: Why did you design the series as a continuing series of books with the same couple instead of a series where each book features a different couple? Continue reading