Publication Date: May 8, 2018
After all this time, after all the places they’d visited with minimal success, she hadn’t just had an encounter, she’d actually been abducted. Her stomach clenched in fear. Almost immediately she felt another rush of desire. It’s them, they’re controlling it. She forced open her eyes, which had fallen shut and fought against the sensation to focus on her surroundings.
Her hands and feet weren’t tied, that was good. Where were the others? Were they here? She cast a look round the room. The space seemed enormous; it was impossible to see the edges, they just vanished into the dark. Closer to her, all seemed to be white and metallic. The floor below shone a dull grey while the bed had a brighter layer and extending its edges where curves of metal that stood as a reminder of restraints.
To her right, she could see a second bed and Annah, sprawled on her back. She was still clothed, her blonde hair spilling over the edge of the bed, but her hands were restrained and Aster shivered. Further away she could see Hagar standing as if in a trance, her dark ponytail loosened around her shoulders, staring as if unseeing.
She looked to her left and immediately gasped. Wade was lying flat on his back completely naked, his body flushed and glistening with sweat. He wasn’t tied, but he was sprawled as if he was, arms and legs spread wide to the edges of the table. Aster’s eyes were immediately drawn down the line of blond fuzz to his cock, which stood proud in a nest of curls, straining towards the ceiling.
Oh God. I can’t. I can’t. Hastily she looked away, but the image lingered in her brain sending a frisson of longing through her body. She could picture herself mounting him, sliding his cock inside her, driving him into her over and over again. As the thought crossed her mind, she became aware of a dark shape directly in front of her. Looking at it was like looking into the sun. The edges were blurred, its shape difficult to determine. She had the impression of a head, of long fingers and of large eyes that bored into her soul.
That voice again in her head, but this time the words were different.
“No,” she whispered.
But the words continued, though she struggled to block them.
Wade didn’t want her, he didn’t even particularly like her. Even if he was feeling the same lust that she was and something was telling her that he was, she couldn’t do what he didn’t really want. It wasn’t right.
Fuck him, the voice insisted.
Then another voice. Wade’s.
She deliberately kept her eyes away from him.
“Can you hear it too?”
“Aster,” Wade’s voice was ragged. “I want you.”
She bit her lip against the sudden surge of desire his words created.
“No you don’t. They’re doing this.”
“I know what they’re doing. I wanted you already.”
The voice was growing louder in her head and Aster struggled to force it aside.
· Most authors have some kind of ritual before writing. Mine is very simple – I have to get dressed. Where some may be able to write in their dressing gown, I can’t get my writing head on without clothes.
· I would love to learn how to cook Thai food. The most I’ve ever managed was an attempt at tom yam goong, which came out reasonably OK, but I’ve never been able to master sticky rice.
· I have two tuxedo cats, Dash and Spot, who are housecats and, as a result, like to bring me murdered socks as presents.
· I can’t stand to be in a taxi on the way home from a restaurant thinking “I wonder what that dish would have been like?” I will be the one ordering the squid ink bread, the kangaroo stir fry and the rose-petal sorbet.
· I have eight tattoos and plans for at least two more, although I’m never getting one on my clavicle again – that one hurt!
Book Tour Schedule
About Tanith Davenport
2. Watch the Skies (eBook Copy)