I love my library, so when I saw this, of course I have to jump on this! The thing is, as I think book lovers all know, even when we have lots of books in our kindle or paperbacks, we still can’t resist the lure of the library. Even if we are only given xx weeks to read xx number of books, we still persist in borrowing the maximum number (even using your relatives’ library cards) of books, even if we aren’t able to read them all.
We do have online reads as well that we can borrow, so I’m going to include that here as well. Yay! Libraries rock!
From Book Dragon’s Lair:
- choose a level – you may move up as needed, just not down.
- read books you checked out of the library
- books may overlap with other challenges
- any format allowed (print, ebook, audio)
- reviews are not necessary but a list of books read is.
- a blog is not necessary, just comment that you want to join in or link up another way
- board book – 3
- picture book – 6
- early reader – 9
- chapter book – 12
- middle grades – 18
- Young adult – 24
- adult – 36
- just insert IV – 50
• Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join any time.
• The goal is to read at least twelve (12) books from the library. Twelve should be easy, that’s one a month. While twelve is the minimum, there is no maximum limit. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you.
• Any format will work for this challenge (print, ebook or audio) as long as you checked it out from the library it counts.
• Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
• Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads. The goal is to support your local library and save money.
- Dewey Decimal: read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: read 36 books
- Stalking the Bookstacks: read 50+ books
From Book Journey:
There are fun levels of commitment:
1-5 check outs in 2015 – NOVICE
6-11 check outs in 2015 – ROOKIE
12- 16 check outs in 2015 – INTERMEDIATE
17 – 22 check outs in 2015 – SEASONED
23 – 27 check outs in 2015 – EXPERIENCED
28 + check outs in 2015 – GOING PRO!
For this, I’m doing 12 books (Chapter Book, Dewey Decimal & Intermediate levels)! I’ll list the books below when I check them out.