What’s a new year (new blog) without joining a challenge?
In my (blog) wanderings, I found a challenge close to my heart. Fairytale retellings!
Here are some rules from the hosting site, as written by Mel of The Daily Prophecy:
- The challenge runs from January 1st – December 31st 2015.
- The goal is to read fairytale retellings, but if you want you can also pick other retellings. It’s up to you what you count as a fairytale. You can read Middle Grade, Young Adult and Adult books for this challenge. Obviously, the book doesn’t have to be published in 2015 and re-reads count.
- There are 6 different levels you can aim for:
-Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.
-Magic mirror: 5 – 9 books.
-Big bad wolf: 10 – 15 books.
-The wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
-Wicked fairy Godmother: 21 – 25 books.
-Bluebeard: you are killing it! 26+ books.
- Every beginning of the month I will make a link-up post where you put all your reviews in and they will have fun/informative introductions.
- It’s not a promise, but there might be challenges.
- Most important thing: HAVE FUN and spread the word 🙂 Let’s tweet with: #fairytaleRC
I don’t know yet which books I’m going to read, but I thought I’d challenge myself this year (having failed miserably last year) with MAGIC MIRROR! (5 to 9 books)
Update Jan 13
List of books I’m going to read:
1. Slumber by Cassandra Dean
2. A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
3. Splintered by A.G. Howard